January 30, 2013
Tenafly woman to vie for MLS position on the TV show THE JOB
Samantha Yarock of Tenafly, N.J. will find herself vying for a job with Major League Soccer in the fourth episode of THE JOB, a reality TV show on CBS.
Each episode features five new candidates vying for a position at their dream company.
The episode will air on Friday, March 1 at 8 p.m.
MLS will offer an associate producer position at MLSsoccer.com.
The executives representing the league will be president of Soccer United Marketing, MLS’ commercial arm, Kathy Carter; Chief Marketing Officer Howard Handler; Executive Vice President, Competition, Technical & Game Operations Nelson Rodriguez; and MLSsoccer.com Editor-in-Chief Greg Lalas. The guest companies for the episode will be Modell’s Sporting Goods, FC Harlem and Sporting Innovations.
The following candidates will be competing for the assistant producer position with MLS:
* William Medina, 37, Urbana, Md.: Elementary School Teacher (English as a second language)
* Yarock, 28, Tenafly, N.J.: Associate Producer on a documentary for a nonprofit
* Mark Howland, 28, Portland, Ore.: Web Developer and Social Media Marketing
* Crystal Solomon, 28, Houston, Texas: Assignment Manager at local news affiliate
* Marc Torriero, 28, West Chester, Pa.: Unemployed
Hosted by Emmy Award nominee Lisa Ling, each episode of THE JOB will feature five candidates participating in several rounds of elimination challenges before a panel of executives as they compete for their dream job. In addition to the episode’s featured company, representatives from three guest companies from related industries will have the opportunity to make an on-the-spot offer to one of the candidates who must decide if they will accept the offer or remain in the running for the highlighted job.