February 18, 2013
ENYYSA ODP TRYOUTS
They're at 10 locations starting in March
Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association will begin holding tryouts for its various Olympic Development Program teams next month.
The association has decided to initiate changes that makes the ODP program more inclusive and less costly to players.
“With the changes we have initiated for 2013, every player in Eastern New York will have a real opportunity to try out for ODP,” ENYYSA ODP chairperson Julian DiDonato said. “Over 90 percent of the players within Eastern New York will be within 30 minutes or less of an ODP tryout field. We’re trying not to overlook anyone no matter where they live in Eastern New York. We expect to increase our talent pool, offering the elite youth soccer players in Eastern New York the full benefits of being a part of ODP.”
Under-12 to U-15 Divisions
This is based on calendar year of birth. Tryouts will be held at 10 locations throughout ENYYSA. A player is not limited to where he or she can try out and can try out in more than one location. Registration is required for each location. All tryout results will be posted to the ENYYSA website, http://www.enysoccer.com/programs/odp/home/. The second round of tryouts for selected players will take place later in March at the same venue.
The fee is $35 for an affiliate player who “pre-registers” or $50 for on-site registration. For non-affiliated players, meaning those players that are not registered with a league or club affiliated with ENYYSA, they are subject to a $65 fee. Each player will receive a numbered tryout t-shirt, which is required to be brought to all tryout sessions. Registration is open until February.
The schedule for the first round of tryouts:
* March 4, 6-9 p.m. -- Rising Stars Sports Center, Westmoreland (girls and boys)
* March 4, 6-9 p.m. -- Cantiague Park, Hicksville (girls)
* March 9, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. -- Verrazano Sports Complex, Brooklyn (girls and boys)
* March 9, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. -- Flushing Meadows Park, Queens (girls and boys)
* March 9, 8 a.m.-noon -- SUNY New Paltz, New Paltz (girls)
* March 10, 8 a.m,-noon -- SUNY New Paltz, New Paltz (boys)
* March 10, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. -- Cedar Creek Park, Seaford (boys)
* March 10, noon-6 p.m. -- College of Staten Island, Staten Island (girls and boys)
* March 11, 6-8 p.m. -- Randalls Island (girls and boys)
* March 18, 5:30-8:30 p.m. -- Tibetts Brook Park, Yonkers (girls and boys)
* March 18, 5:30-9 p.m. -- Afrim’s Colonie, Albany (girls and boys)
U-16 and U-17 divisions
No tryouts, move directly to State ID Training. Players in the program the prior year will be invited back to participate in the State ID Training, starting in April. Any premier and/or elite player who did not participate can be recommended by a league/club president, director of coaching, league select coach or a U.S. Soccer/National Soccer Coaches Association of America national licensed coach. A recommendation form is available online at http://www.enysoccer.com/programs/odp/home/. Player recommendations will be reviewed by the ODP Staff, and if accepted, that player will be invited to the first training session.